|Born||in Limassol, Cyprus|
|Died||in Athens, Greece (heart and respiratory failure)|
|Birth Name||Mikhalis Kakogiannis|
Mini Bio (1)
Sent to London to read for the Bar, Cacoyannis gravitated instead to the Old Vic stage school. He had a short stage career under the name "Michael Yannis" before deciding he wanted to direct films.
- IMDb Mini Biography By: email@example.com
- Graduated in classical studies.
- In 1939, went to England where he was stuck on account of the War.
- Interpreted Caligula in Albert Camus' eponymous play
- In 1952, wishing to direct films in the USA, he spent a year there but, being a total stranger to the American movie world, he got no offers.
- Returned to his native Greece in 1953 where he was given the opportunity to be part of the birth of Greek cinema.