The Graduate (1967)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 8 items
Sex & Nudity
- There is a very brief scene when Mrs. Robinson begins to seduce Ben in Elaine's room where you can make out a nude Mrs. Robinson in the reflection of a portrait, however, only her rear is visible.
- An older woman and 21-year-old man have an affair, and are shown in bed various times and in their underwear. There is one scene where Mrs. Robinson is implied to be naked in front of a door with split-second shots of her stomach and breasts. These are literally blink-and-you-miss-it quick.
- In one scene, Benjamin and Elaine enter a men's club. A dancer in a G-string and breasts covered with tassels is seen.
Violence & Gore
- Near the end of the movie,when Benjamin crashes Elaine's wedding, he fights her father briefly to get to her. He also tries to hit some people with a cross. Mrs. Robinson slaps her daughter repeatedly across the face when she decides to run out of her own wedding. Nothing too graphic.
- Very Mild for an older PG. 1 usage of ass, 1 goddamn, and a couple hells.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Mrs. Robinson uses alcohol to try to seduce Benjamin. They drink repeatedly throughout the movie and Mrs. Robinson states that she was an alcoholic. Many characters smoke.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- If this movie was released recently, it probably would've been rated PG-13 for Mature Thematic Material, Sexual Content including Brief Nudity, and Alcohol Use
- The scene where Mrs. Robinson threatens to tell Elaine that she and Ben had previously had an affair is quite intense. Elaine screams and hits Ben. The final scene where the mob inside the church tries to catch Elaine and Ben is intense, as well with Ben using a cross first as a weapon to drive the mob back and then using to jam the door to the outside to enable their escape.