Doctor Dolittle (1998)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for crude humor and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Feeling amorous, Dolittle asks his wife, "Is it okay if I wait in the bed naked?" but nothing ever happens. Later, however, when he asks himself what's going to happen (referring to his belief that he's going crazy), his wife overhears and misunderstands that and answers, "You'll be pleasantly surprised" (but again nothing happens). "Nuts" is used as a double entendre. A pigeon mentions her mate stares at a robin's breasts. A dog tries to view Doolittle and his wife in the bedroom and offers a tip on a "new position". A woman exposes her hives infected buttocks for an allergy shot but we see it from a weird angle so it is very hard to tell what it is.
Violence & Gore
- Reiss purposefully opens a door into Weller, breaking his nose, after overhearing Weller badmouthing him. He later punches him out.
- Extremely mild blood during a tiger's operation.
- Some gross bathroom humor.
- At least 1 use of a slang term for female genitals (the "p" word, but used toward a tiger in a double meaning), 7 asses, 6 hells, 1 damn, 1 crap, and 5 uses of "Oh my God," 2 of "Jesus" and 1 use each of "Swear To God," "Shit" "Oh Jesus," "Oh God," "Oh my Lord," "My God," and "Good Lord" as exclamations. Also some minor insults, such as "Bonehead" or "Pig" (in reference to the Police), the latter of which also led to a pun that resulted in a certain group of animals nearly leaving the demonstration due to the misunderstanding.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Believing that he's hallucinating (from hearing a dog talk to him), Dolittle comments to himself about some guys in a dorm room saying that stuff they did (presumably drugs) wouldn't affect him years later.
- There is an alcoholic monkey.
- Social drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Very mild for a PG-13 rated film.
- Younger kids may be upset when it appears that Dolittle has accidentally run over Lucky, but we see that the dog is okay.