Waking the Dead (2000)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sexuality and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Multiple sex scenes are shown, with partners changing positions and experiencing orgasm. Two glimpses of female breasts, including once rubbing on a man's naked chest.
- A couple have sex, there is thrusting and the woman's breasts are on display during the whole scene.
- During a sex scene, the woman asks " Did you come in me?" meaning did he ejaculate inside of her.
- Couples lying in bed naked after lovemaking. A few scenes of obviously naked people sitting, however they are positioned as to not show anything private.
- A female character is shown masturbating beneath a blanket; in a voice-over she describes how she wants her lover "inside her".
- One character talks about his girlfriend who works at a massage parlor.
Violence & Gore
- One character vomits over the back of a couch (heard, not seen).
- A character is mugged and punched in the face; he spits blood and is shown bleeding. A scab wound is visible in subsequent scenes.
- Not frequent, but occasions on which the words 'f_ck' and 'damn' are quite audible.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One character hands another a cigar.
- Implication that one character is a "stoner".
- A few scenes set in a bar/restaurant with background characters drinking and smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A major theme of the film is death and loss; it begins with three people (including the female lead) being killed by a car bomb. The burning car is shown as part of a news report, but nothing more graphic than that.
- Throughout the film the male lead struggles to cope with the death of his lover; he is clearly anguished and is shown having a near nervous breakdown when he keeps seeing his dead lover reappear.