Blood Diamond (2006)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Rebels fire into stripped bodies for amusement. They also threaten to rape women.
- A man and woman refer to sex a few times in casual conversation. A blow job is mentioned.
- A man strips all of his clothes off, but nudity is concealed by shadows.
- Prostitutes offer a man their services, saying they don't have AIDs. The man declines.
Violence & Gore
- In an opening sequence, various "rebels" overtake a village, shooting and killing innocent villagers (Men, women and children). Men have their arms sliced off forcibly by a group of rebels (We see some instances off-screen and some on-screen, but very brief). A man is shot in the head (Blood sprays). Child soldiers are shown shooting and killing others as well as wielding guns. A child soldier shoots a man in the head (Blood sprays). A man holds a child soldier at gunpoint on several occasions. A blindfolded child shoots a prisoner forcibly; the prisoner collapses to the ground, dead, and we see a large amount of blood splash against the walls.
- Men are mining for diamonds and are suppose to give them to their leader. A man is shown stealing one , the leader sees and shoot him point blank. More disturbing than bloody
- In an extended scene, a helicopter bombs a rebel camp. Various men are killed and gunned down (We see some blood spray). Two men brawl; one of them attacks another with a shovel repeatedly (We see blood spray) before killing him. In a shootout scene, several men are shot and killed. A man attempts to get up, but is shot to death. A man is wounded and breathes heavily (We see multiple close-up shots of his gory gunshot wound). He later admits death and shoots at several men before dying slowly. A man cuts open part of a goat's neck.
- In an Shootout,The Government Troops are Fighting the Rebels.The people are Stuck in Between,many of them are killed by the Firing(Men,Women and Children)(Blood Sprays from their Bodies)
- In an extended shootout, various rebels attack a city, shooting innocent civillians (Men, women and children). Child soldiers are shown wielding bazookas and shooting characters. A child character is forced into becoming a child soldier; we see him moving towards running innocents and shooting them to death. A man is shot (Blood spurts) and falls from a balcony. A man shoots two other men (We see some blood splatter on walls). A man shoots a fleeing rebel to death.
- We see a graphic and gored body of a skinned baboon. A man then threatens to skin another man in the same way. Several gory human corpses hang from trees. A man is shot dead (Blood splatters). A car flees from various rebels in a shootout scene. A soldier is shot several times (Blood flies from his injuries).
- In a disturbing riot sequence, various rebels are shown wielding guns and partying; a jeep drags a gory corpse behind it as rebels dance around the bloodied bodies of those whom they have slain. We see several men being executed. A man describes the murder of his parents.
- Many deaths take place throughout the course of the film (Many of them are very realistic and gory).
- Nothing pervasive. 15 uses of the word "fuck". Multiple racial slurs are used including "Kaffir", as well as some milder obscenities ("hell", "bastard" etc.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A child is shown being injected by a drug that causes his eyes to roll up into his head. Children smoke and drink in multiple scenes of the film.
- A character smokes throughout several scenes of the film (He does however make references to planning to quit). Various characters smoke and drink alcohol in a few scenes. Two people share alcohol. There are some brief shots of cocaine, and references to it being used by the rebels.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are very disturbing scenes that involve children being kidnapped from their parents (Whom are sometimes killed) and being forced into becoming soldiers. They are trained to kill and shoot in various scenes, and are shown drinking and smoking. They are also shown being killed (And killing) in various shootout scenes. There is an extremely intense and disturbing riot scene that involves various rebels partying around the corpses of those whom they have murdered.