- Synopsis (1)
It looks like we don't have any Plot Summaries for this title yet.
Be the first to contribute! Just click the "Edit page" button at the bottom of the page or learn more in the Plot Summary submission guide.
- "From The Bridge" chronicles the journey of sci-fi, horror, and comic book fans from their humble start as an underground community into the multi billion dollar explosion of fandom now ruling the universe.
The film delves into how fanzines, magazines and genre films inspired a new generation of storytellers to make the films and video games that now dominate modern culture.
From the Bridge explores how boundaries were broken down, giving inspiration and hope to a wider, more diverse audience. "From The Bridge" is narrated by George Takei, creator of the character Sulu in the original Star Trek series. The story is told from the unique perspective of today's most influential directors, producers, rock stars, industry legends and fans including:
- Comic Book pioneer Stan Lee talks about taking the helm of Marvel Comics and creating some of today's most beloved and timeless comic book creations.
- Kerry O'Quinn, the creator of StarLog and Fangoria magazines, explains his inspirations and involvement in the rise of fandom.
- Producer Tom DeSanto discusses how the X-Men films transitioned spandex clad characters into bold superheroes that now dominate the public's imagination.
- Gene Simmons of KISS reveals how fandom inspired his bands outfits and attitude and how he used vehicles like Fangoria magazine to reach his fans and create new ones.
The film also features unseen historic milestones in fandom, including footage of the first and only public meeting between Star Wars creator George Lucas and Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.
Get ready for a warp speed ride through the history and evolution of fandom.