It Chapter Two (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 51 items
|MPAA||Rated R for disturbing violent content and bloody images throughout, pervasive language, and some crude sexual material.|
Sex & Nudity
- A giant, naked (CGI) elderly woman runs towards a woman and tries to attack her.
- There are a few kissing scenes. A couple kisses at the beginning.
- We see a man's buttocks when he's getting into a bathtub naked.
- Richie says a masturbation joke during his stand-up routine.
- Henry says to Richie "Were you trying to bone my little cousin?"
- A male, homosexual couple kisses twice at the beginning of the movie.
- There are people calling each other faggots. And theres a drawing of male genitals in the restroom stall in one scene.
Violence & Gore
- The violence involves small children and often horrifying crimes.
- There is strong bloody violence/horror throughout.
- Strong language throughout the whole film
- More than 120 uses of "fuck" and frequent uses of "shit", "bitch", "dick", and "asshole".
- A few homophobic slurs.
- Faggot is used a couple of times
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Beverly often smokes
- Teenagers are shown smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Pennywise (or IT) disguises itself as many frightening things in the movie.
- Pennywise can morph his mouth into a giant gaping mouth with layers of sharp teeth which he uses it mangle and eat his victims in gory and graphic ways. This is all done with CGI but can definitely scare young kids.
- The finale is intense and involves scary imagery and loud noises
- Multiple children are killed by Pennywise on screen. They are very disturbing to watch
- EPILEPSY WARNING: This film has several scenes that use severe strobe light effects. The most intense ones happen in a pharmacy basement, in a house of mirrors, and interwoven through about half of the climax of the movie, which lasts roughly half an hour.
- The first scene is extremely disturbing. This movie not as scary as the first, though it is a lot more graphic.
Sex & Nudity
- In an illusion, multiple people call a woman "slut."
- Beverly's husband, Tom, hears her phone call with Mike, telling her to return to Derry. He thinks Beverly is cheating on him and he throws her on the bed and says, "I want you to do what you were going to do to Mike to me." Tom takes off his shirt (he has a tank top underneath) but Beverly escapes.
Violence & Gore
- In one scene, we see Beverly almost drowning in a toilet cubicle that fills up with blood.
- Eddie gets stabbed on the side of his face (cheek) by Henry Bowers. There is some blood dripping down his face.
- A young girl is lured behind some bleachers by Pennywise. The Clown then sinks his razor sharp teeth into the girls right part of her forehead. Although the scene cuts off right after the impact. The scene can be very upsetting to some viewers. No blood is shown
- We see a zombie-like form of the late Patrick Hockstetter present Henry Bowers with a switchblade. This form also assists Henry in escaping from the psychiatric institute he has been in for 27 years.
- A child is trapped behind glass panes in a Funhouse. Pennywise violently bashes his forehead against a pane repeatedly to get to the child. As the glass cracks, Pennywise smiles to reveal his razor sharp teeth. One of the Losers is on the other side of the child, desperately trying and failing to break through the glass before Pennywise. Pennywise eventually breaks through the glass and bites the child's head. Although the contact is offscreen, blood splurts onto the glass.
- A gay couple is attacked and brutally beaten. Bones in one of the victim's bloodied face are heard cracking as he gets repeatedly punched and kicked whilst helpless on the ground. The same man is thrown over the bridge in an attempt to kill him. The man soon after falls victim to Pennywise when a large chunk of his upper body is bitten off; Pennywise is seen with the chunk in his mouth for some seconds before disappearing.
- An adult woman suffers domestic violence. One instance is when she is attacked by her partner who punches her in the head, causing her to fall back on the bed. She does fight back later.
- Eddie is stabbed through the chest by one of Pennywise's giant spider legs. He later dies from the injury and is left in the cavern whilst the rest of the Losers Club escape.
- The Hobo/Leper from the first movie attacks adult Eddie and throws up in his face while a song plays. It's played as dark humour.
- Multiple on-screen deaths including children getting their heads bitten into by Pennywise's giant mouth. These sometimes result in blood splatters. These are more graphic than the first chapter.
- One form Pennywise takes is young Beverly, with her hair on fire and skin gradually decaying.
- Henry Bowers is killed when Richie throws an axe into the back of his head. The impact is offscreen but you see the results when he collapses to the ground.
- Pennywise is shrunken down to a smaller size by the Losers Club's taunts. Mike reaches into It's chest and pulls out It's heart (á la "Mortal Kombat"). The rest of the losers then crush It's heart, killing It. It screams as it dies.
- Eddie stabs Henry through a shower curtain. The impact of the blade going in isn't shown and the blade is covered by the curtain. Henry is seen shortly after pulling the blade out though this part is very brief.
- Multiple bodies of dead children are seen emerging from a body of water. They are incredibly mutilated with various limbs scattered around the water. Somewhat graphic.
- Bill shoots his younger self in the head with a Bolt Gun.
- Mike's parents are shown in a flashback burning alive. Their charred hands can be seen protruding from a door but the rest of their bodies are abstracted.
- Right before Beverly leaves her old home. Pennywise appears to her in human form. He paints white paint on his face and then cuts his face with his finger nails making blood pour down his face.
- This movie is believed to have broken the record for most use of fake blood in a scene.
- Towards the beginning of the film, a character dies by suicide by slitting his wrists whilst in the bath. Although the action is not shown, his body is seen afterwards on two occasions, with blood trickling from his hands. This could be distressing for anyone affected by self-harm or suicide.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Mike takes a fictitious hallucinogenic substance, called Maturn Root, given to him by the Shokopiwah tribe to allow him to see Pennywise's origins. The same character later spikes Bill it.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Early on in the film, a hate crime takes place. Two gay men are verbally then physically attacked by a group of homophobic men. One of them is beaten and is then thrown off a bridge into a river. Pennywise appears to help the man out of the water, but bites a chunk out of the man's upper torso whilst the man's boyfriend watches in terror. Both Pennywise and the victim are obscured by balloons, then mysteriously disappear.
- The final sequence involves Pennywise changing into a large spider-like creature and chasing the members of the Losers Club through an underground cavern. This could be distressing for anyone with claustrophobia or arachnophobia.
- In one scene, 2 characters go through 2 doors. In one door, a body from the torso down is running at them with blood spurting out of his torso. In the other door is at first a cute dog for a few seconds but then turns into a monster like dog which might scare some viewers (the jump-scare is unexpected)
- Eddie's death can be quite distressing, especially with Richie's reaction to it
- Near the end of the film, Pennywise takes the form of Stanley's corpse. He is folded up inside of a refrigerator, and when the losers his find him, his head roles off. It then sprouts spider legs and begins crawling around like an insect. It is a very unsettling creature that may by frightful to children.
- In order to defeat Pennywise, The Losers taunt him until he physically and mentally regresses into an infant. Mike proceeds to rip out his heart and crush it. Though Pennywise is the villain, this may still be a bit disturbing, considering that violence is being inflicted upon a baby.
- There's a scene with the Losers' Club in a chinese restaurant where when opening fortune cookies, they spell out "Guess Stanley Couldn't Cut It". After this happens, the fortune cookies being to pop open, revealing hideous monsters such as a baby head on a fly, a bat wing, and a crawling eye. In the aqaurium tank, there is a bloody, floating head shown inside. What can make this fact creepier is they're the only ones that can see it.